Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 210 orphans and 23 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 49 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12. Five young people are in internships learning various trades.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 130 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 36 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of September 2013, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 506 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK: SAME SAME but DIFFERENT Named after the celebrated Country Music singer Paul Brandt, little Paul, who has AIDS, is growing up gently cared for and greatly loved at Place of Rescue. This is his story as told by Paul Brandt to his young son, Joe. Get your copy by contacting Blaine Sylvester at email@example.com.
How many kramas did you see in the book? There are 23 kramas
December 2013 Prayer Requests
Praise the Lord with us:
1. The 10th anniversary celebration was wonderful. We have so much to praise God for!
2. We have an ample supply of rain water in our pond to last through the dry season.
3. We are putting electricity in Place of Rescue I orphanage as it has finally come down our way.
4. Our Grade 12 and university young people are well settled in Phnom Penh and making us proud.
5. We received donations for Christmas and Marie enjoyed shopping with Canadian friends for gifts.
6. The AIDS patients with T.B. is doing very well and is so happy.
7. The little dancers are doing great getting ready for tour.
Please join us in prayer:
1. We still need 5 house mothers.
2. Members of Rescue committee will go to help celebrate Christmas at Place of Rescue II in Mongkol Borey on Dec. 14. Everyone from Place of Rescue III in Pailin will join us. They have asked Gramma Marie (Makyeay) to speak.
3. Christmas will be celebrated at Place of Rescue I on Dec. 21. Dec. 24 there will be a staff party under Makyeay’s house and Dec. 31 the youth will bring in the new year, also under Makyeay’s house.
4. We long to take Sarah home in January when the dancers leave.
5. Some things still need to be organized for the dance tour CELEBRATE both in Cambodia and in Canada. May the Lord Jesus lead us always.
6. We have received new children at all three locations in the past two months. Pray for their good adjustment and for many more hurting children to come to us.
7. We need more sponsors for children from all three orphanages.
8. Some children struggle with temptations. May they understand how to stand up and be strong for Jesus.
9. Place of Rescue Canada has a great group of people on their board. Pray for them and for Blaine Sylvester, the director of Place of Rescue in Canada, as they make decisions concerning finances.
10. Blaine Sylvester has many responsibilities. May he have much wisdom and grace and provision from the Lord always.