Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 220 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 48 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 131 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 45 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of April 2014, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 522 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
November/December Praise and Prayer
- Thank the Lord for Marie’s successful 80th Birthday tour. She was so happy for the encouragement from so many friends.
- Thanks for a new 10 yr. old girl at Place of Rescue I and several new children at Place of Rescue III
- Thanks for the visit of Blaine Sylvester and 10 friends of Rescue who came to visit in November.
- Thanks that 3 of our 12th grade students passed their examinations and are enrolled in university.
- Thanks that our huge water reservoir is filled with enough water to last until next rainy season.
- Thanks that we have a new accountant and several other new staff members.
- For many gifts from Canada for our children.
- Top prayer request – A staff member from our Pailin orphanage was let go because of unacceptable behavior. Now she is filled with anger and seeking revenge. It has become a huge problem. May the Lord Jesus win the victory and bring peace.
- For the good adjustment of all new children. May they know they are loved and learn to love and trust Jesus.
- This year, throughout Cambodia, only 12% of the grade 12 students who took a second try at the exam, passed. Twelve of our students failed and must now decide what to do. Pray they might have wisdom and good success.
- We still need several staff members: an English teacher, 4 staff members for Place of Rescue IV. Six children are waiting to come to this place but we need the staff to care for them.
- We have several children with special needs. May they know love and may they reach their full potential.
- Some of our grannies suffer with various health issues. Pray for health and comfort.
- Christmas is coming soon. May the Lord Jesus be glorified in all our plans and activities.