Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 220 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 48 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 131 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 45 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of April 2014, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 522 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
Praise and Prayer for April 2015
Praise the Lord:
1. Funds are available for our children to go to the beach April 9 & 10. This is always a huge event for them as all three orphanages and the university students come together.
2. For the most part we have all enjoyed good health and only a few problems to solve.
3. The country-western evening when we gave the kids the cowboy hats was a rousing success. Everyone had a great time and we have good videos to use for promotion.
4. We commemorated the death of Jesus on Good Friday and Saturday. The hearts of children and adults were touched.
5. Easter Sunday a huge celebration was held in Phnom Penh as congregations from 400 churches joined together. 4,000 people praised the Lord together. It was awesome to see 400 people raise their hands to pray for the Cambodian govt. which was well represented there. Singing “Because He Lives” with such a crowd of Christians was an unforgettable experience.
1. The week of April 11 to 16 is Cambodian New Year. Many of our children and adults will go to the homes of relatives, most of whom are Buddhist. Pray that they may stay true to their Saviour and be a blessing wherever they go.homes of relatives, most of whom are Buddhist. Pray that they may stay true to their Saviour and be a blessing wherever they go.
2. Some children do not realize the value of education and are skipping school. Pray that we may know how to help them.
3. Please ask the Lord to send us the children, AIDS families and grannies that should be here. We have room for more.
4. Marie will be in Canada and the States end of June to beginning of August. Please pray that all the days will be filled up as the Lord directs and that many new people will hear about Rescue and decide to be involved.
5. The devalued Canadian dollar which is worth only 80 cents U.S. means much more money needs to come in every month. Please pray for God’s continued generous supply.
6. We still need house mothers and other staff. Join us in asking that this important need by met soon.