|Tuesday, April 23 – Rocky Mountain Alliance Church – Rocky Mountain House, Ab 403-845-2610 (evening meeting)|
|Wed, April 24 - Century Meadows Baptist Camrose, AB 780- 679-0575 (youth group)|
|Thursday, April 25 - Century Meadows Baptist Camrose, AB (ladies night out)|
|April 27, Saturday - Parkview Alliance, Vermillion, Ab – 780-853-4229 – 9:00 AM breakfast meeting|
|Sunday, April 28 - Southgate Alliance Edmonton, AB 780-438-1713 (morning service)|
|Sunday, April 28 - St. Albert Alliance St. Albert, AB 780-458-5335 (evening meeting-all welcome)|
|Monday, April 29 – High Level Evangelical Church – High Level, Ab 780-926-4261 (evening meeting)|
|Tuesday, April 30 – Tompkins Evangelical Church La Crete, AB Evening meeting|
|Thursday, May 2 - Samaritan’s Purse Calgary, AB 403-250-6565 (evening city wide event)|
|Friday, May 3 - Hillcrest Church Medicine Hat, AB 403-526-4010 (afternoon seniors meeting)|
|Saturday, May 4 - Rockpointe Church Calgary, AB 403-851-0011 (brunch- all welcome)|
|Sunday, May 5 - Manor Church Three Hills, AB 403-443-7890 (morning service)|
|Sunday, May 5 - Cambodian home meeting Red Deer, AB|
|Monday, May 6 - Ambrose University College Calgary, AB 403-410-2000 (seniors conference)|
|Tuesday, May 7 - Ambrose University College Calgary, AB 403-410-2000 (seniors conference)|
|Wed, May 8 - Ambrose university College Calgary, AB 403-410-2000 (seniors conference)|
|Wed. May 8 - Living Hope Alliance Church Regina, SK Afternoon meeting|
|Thursday, May 9 – Family Time with Rod and Cindy in Regina|
|Sunday, May 12 - Connect Church Saskatoon, SK (morning service)|
|Sunday, May 12 - Erindale Alliance Church Saskatoon, SK 306-249-3399 (city wide evening service)|
|Tuesday, May 14 - Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church Saskatoon, SK 306-382-6585 (family night)|
|Wed. May 15 - Prince Albert Alliance Church Prince Albert SK Seniors luncheon at 12 noon|
|Thursday, May 16 – Transcona Alliance Church, Winnipeg, Mb 204- 204-222-0354 (noon seniors luncheon – RSVP)|
|Friday, May 17 - Morden Prayer Breakfast Morden, MB (weekly prayer breakfast)|
|Friday, May 17 - St.James Church Winnipeg, MB|
|Sunday, May 19 - Kilcona Park Alliance Church Winnipeg, MB 204-222-7384 (morning service)|
|Sunday, May 19 – Pinawa Alliance Church, Pinawa, MB – evening meeting|
|Tuesday, May 21 – McDiarmid Drive Alliance Church , Brandon, Manitoba 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday, May 22 – Crossings Church, Acton, Ontario (6 Mill Street East – 519-853-9757)- evening meeting|
|Thursday, May 23 – West Park Church, London, Ont – “Ladies Night Out”|
|Friday, May 24 – St. Paul Presbyterian Church, Nobleton, Ontario (5750 King Rd – 905-859-0843) – pot luck supper and evening meeting|
|Saturday, May 25 - Rexdale Alliance Church Toronto, ON 416-741-1110 (morning Cambodia prayer meeting)|
|Sunday, May 26 - Cornerstone Chinese Alliance Markham, Ont 904-477-4887 (morning service)|
|Sunday, May 26 – Raleigh N.C. family time with Doug and Anne|
|Friday, May 31 – Go to hear Paul Brandt concert in Oakville ON|
|Sunday, June 2 – Olive Branch Church, Toronto ON|
|Sunday, June 2 afternoon, Fly to Paris via Montreal|
|Sunday June 9 – Cambodian Church in Paris|
|Monday, June 10 – Fly home to Phnom Penh|
Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 216 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 49 more children who are part of 21 families ( 21 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 17 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 8 are in university, 8 in grade 12 and one in grade 11. Seven young people are in internships learning various trades.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 123 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 20 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of January 2013, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 481 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK: SAME SAME but DIFFERENT Named after the celebrated Country Music singer Paul Brandt, little Paul, who has AIDS, is growing up gently cared for and greatly loved at Place of Rescue. This is his story as told by Paul Brandt to his young son, Joe. Get your copy by contacting Blaine Sylvester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many kramas did you see in the book? There are 23 kramas
Prayer and Praise - Feb. 2013
1. We had a very wonderful three days of prayer at Place of Rescue I. Two AIDS patients and one granny gave their hearts to the Lord. I believe every heart was touched as we met the Lord Jesus together.
2. We have thousands of mangos from our trees and the gardens are doing well.
3. Our children are happy and they know they are blessed.
1. We had to dismiss two AIDS families because the mothers were getting drunk. Pray that they will truly repent and return with a better attitude after 3 months.
2. We had to dismiss one baby care-giver for hitting the little girl in her care. Pray for our baby care-givers to have all the patience and love they need.
3. We had to dismiss one yard worker for immorality.
4. We still need two house mothers at Place of Rescue I and at least one at Place of Rescue III in Pailin.
5. Some of our children are not doing very well in school. Pray that they may catch up and pray that we might have wisdom to know how to help them.
6. Rescue committee will make a trip to Place of Rescue II in Mongkol Borey and Place of Rescue III in Pailin on Feb. 11,12 and 13. Please pray for protection and for success and blessing on our trip as we meet with the leadership in these two places.
7. We are making significant changes in the way we run our home for grade 12 and university students, House of New Dreams, in Phnom Penh. Pray that the changes will be well received and easily implemented. Pray for the 17 students currently studying in Phnom Penh that they will do well in their studies and be victorious in times of temptation. Pray for protection as they ride their bikes in the busy traffic.
8. Two dormitories for university students are being constructed, one in Phnom Penh and one in Svay Sisaphon which will be for the young people from Mongkol Borey. Pray that there will be no problems with the construction and that there will be no dishonesty as supplies are purchased.