Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 210 orphans and 23 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 49 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12. Five young people are in internships learning various trades.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 130 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 36 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of September 2013, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 506 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK: SAME SAME but DIFFERENT Named after the celebrated Country Music singer Paul Brandt, little Paul, who has AIDS, is growing up gently cared for and greatly loved at Place of Rescue. This is his story as told by Paul Brandt to his young son, Joe. Get your copy by contacting Blaine Sylvester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many kramas did you see in the book? There are 23 kramas
Praise and Prayer for February 2014
Praise the Lord:
1. CELEBRATION dance tour in Canada was a huge success bringing much blessing to all the Cambodians who toured and to all who attended the performances.
2. In the past couple of weeks we have received 4 new children.
3. Our grade 12 and university students love the Lord and seek to follow Him.
4. In general, most everyone has enjoyed good health and freedom from accidents.
5. Jesus is with us to solve our problems as they come up and to give us wisdom in decision making.
6. We are blessed to have 3 good Canadian English teachers here now.
Please help us pray:
1. Two baby girls who came to stay both are HIV positive. The little boy we received in Dec. is also HIV positive. Pray for them that they will grow up strong and clever.
2. In all we have about 40 children with AIDS as well as about 25 adults. Most of them are on the anti-retro viral drugs now. Their lives are a challenge. As the children grow up may they have courage and trust in God as they face the future.
3. Ask the Lord to mend some broken relationships with Place of Rescue staff. Pray for forgiveness and grace for all.
4. We plan to have a 3 day prayer emphasis this month some time. May we be guided as we plan for this and may we see amazing answers to prayer. May praying together bring deep unity.
5. Somnang, a little girl with Cerebral Palsy will be taken to Bangkok soon for consultation and possible treatment. May the Lord give wisdom and healing and may we see His Hand at work in the life of this precious little girl.
6. We still need another house mother as well as at least one baby care giver.
7. Some students in primary school, high school and university struggle with their studies. Pray for them this month that they may have good success.
8. Some of the Grannies have health issues. Pray for healing and comfort and assurance of the Presence of Jesus in their lives.
9. Living in Cambodia presents challenges to the English teachers. May they enjoy good health, freedom from worry or fear. May their teaching continue to be effective.
10. Our Cambodian nurse Kunthea is furthering her education. May she understand well and learn all she needs to know.