Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 220 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 48 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 131 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 45 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of April 2014, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 522 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
Praise and Prayer - August 2014
Praise and Thanks:
- English Camp with 46 friends from Canada was a huge success. The children learned a lot and so did the visitors. The Lord blessed everyone with much joy and love.
- The staff retreat in Pailin was helpful to all. It was good for the staff from all 3 orphanages to get to know each other better. Worship and prayer was great.
- Samnang, our new staff member in charge of dance, crafts and games is doing well and loving his job.
- A testimony booklet, WHERE THE RIVER FLOWS…. about Marie’s life is ready for tour in Canada Oct. 10 – Nov.10.
- A children’s story book A FOREVER HOME FOR SARAH will be printed this week.
- God has good plans for Sarah. Although it looks like she won’t get to go to Canada, she is doing well here and will have a good future because of Jesus who is everywhere, always.
- Twenty-two Canadians will arrive August 10 to hold mini English camp at Place of Rescue II and III. May the Lord touch every heart - orphans, staff and teachers. May He grant good health and protection.
- We receive a lot of visitors at Place of Rescue I. Please pray that everyone will “see” all that the Lord planned for them to see and experience.
- August 26 – 29 the youth aged 15 and up from all three orphanages and from House of New Dreams will meet in Pailin for their annual Youth Camp. May they grow much in knowledge of Jesus and obedience to Him. May the leaders have much wisdom in conducting this important event. May all the enemy’s plans fail.
- Our young people need the Lord’s guidance for their futures as they go on to university. Next year we may have 44 in university from Place of Rescue I and II. May all of them reach their potential. As they learn to live with more independence, may they understand clearly when they are tempted and may they learn how to be victorious. May they have good success in their studies.
As you read these prayer requests you will know how to pray beyond what is written. Thank you so much for interceding for us.